What will you do to make sure this pipeline project is constructed and operated safely?
At Pacific Connector, safety is a core value and the safety of the public and our workers this pipeline is one of the highest priorities. In keeping true to our core values, Pacific Connector has incorporated measures into the design of the pipeline that will provide for added safety of the system. These measures include:
- Automated mainline valves with pressure monitoring and remote shut off
- Thicker, stronger steel for added safety
- Additional quality control from the manufacturing of the materials through the construction of the project to assure quality of the system
- Post construction but before operation, the pipeline will be tested to pressures higher than the operation will use to ensure the quality of the pipeline. The testing will be performed with clean water so that should a leak be found, any liquid released is clean water.
- The pipeline will undergo regularly scheduled inspections throughout its operational lifetime that include inspections for both internal and external corrosion by the use of internal in-line inspection tools as well as the installation of a corrosion protection system.
- To ensure safe and dependable operation the entire pipeline will be monitored remotely 24 hours a day 365 days a year for safe operation.